One of the most daunting tasks when making the switch from toxic to natural products is having to find a replacement product.
I’m not sure about you, but I sometimes find the pursuit of a new product a difficult task; especially when you are new to natural products.
The fact is: deodorant can be a very toxic product when it contains ingredients such as parabens, aluminum, silica, triclosan, talc, propylene glycol, steareth-n, and fragrances.
Unfortunately, deodorant is not a product you can just throw out and replace when you come across a better product. Well, you could… but you may not like the results.
When I originally made the switch, I went to the store and picked up the most natural deodorant I could find. And it was a disappointment. It felt like it lasted an hour and I would have to reapply (maybe not THAT often, but it was often enough).
I was concerned I wouldn’t find a deodorant that worked for me.
But fear not my friend, today I am here for you with a vegan deodorant option that works!
Introducing Live Beautifully’s Vegan Deodorant
I originally came across Live Beautifully on Instagram, and I was immediately captured by what they had to offer. Situated in the Rockies in Colorado, they have various products to offer including deodorants (natural and vegan); perfumes/cologne; lotion bars; face butter; feel better butter; and lip balms, gloss, butter, and jellies.
Live Beautifully’s vegan deodorant is all natural, handmade and cruelty-free. The formula is beeswax free, and baking soda free (ideal for that sensitive skin). You won’t find any preservatives, parabens, phthalates, nor aluminum in their deodorant.
Here are the ingredients from the Lavender & Litsea vegan deodorant to give you an idea.
All Natural Ingredients: Organic Emulsifying Wax NF, Carnauba, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Fractionated Coconut Oil), Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter), Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa Butter), Zinc Oxide, Maranta Arundinacea Root (Arrowroot Powder), Magnesium Oxide, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender), Litsea Cubeba Fruit Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E) – Live Beautifully
What I love about this deodorant
- It lasts throughout the day! The most I have had to apply the deodorant in a day is twice. And those are usually the days where I’ve been moving around a lot.
- It’s in a stick format; which is what I was used to. Be aware that you will most likely need to rub it in after applying.
- You only have to apply a thin layer for it to be effective. You don’t need that much at all. I learned very quickly that two strokes of the stick were plenty.
- It’s long-lasting. Because you apply a thin layer for the day, it lasts longer than my old deodorant did. One stick lasted around three months for me.
- The deodorant has a wide variety of scents. I believe they have six different scents for their vegan deodorant. They include: Lavender & Litsea; Ylang Ylang & Lime; Cedarwood & Orange; Fragrance Free; Geranium & Clove; Pine Tree & Cypress. I purchased the Lavender & Litsea and Ylang Ylang & Lime.
- It’s natural and cruelty-free. Need I say more?
- It soothes and conditions the underarm skin. You can apply this deodorant right after your shower, no problem. I have heard of other natural deodorants that caution you to wait before applying – this is not one of those.
What I don’t love so much
- You have to order it. You have to plan ahead and order the deodorant in advance, so you don’t run out. But I solved this by purchasing several at a time.
- The scents may take some getting used to. I purchased the Lavender & Litsea and Ylang Ylang & Lime varieties, and I had to get used to the scent. But I did, and I now love them! I plan to re-order these deodorants when I run out again.
- You need to rub the deodorant in. This was new to me. I was used to deodorant that you didn’t have to touch. But many natural deodorants come in a jar where you rub them in. Once you do this a couple of times, it’s not a big deal. In fact, I find it saves you from using excess deodorant and wasting it (which I most likely did with my old deodorant).
Overall, I would recommend Live Beautifully’s vegan deodorant.
You can check out their products here.
Have a beautiful day!
- A Certified Organic Lipstick Brand You’ll Love
- Purely Gorgeous Cosmetics – A Review
- The Switch from Toxic to Natural Products
- Embracing the Real You Without Makeup
*Cover Photo by Daiga Ellaby
The Path of the Heart Newsletter
Sign up to receive 10% off your next session. Receive updates full of goodness (latest news, resources, and insights)!